|This cake was not scorn-worthy.|
- What's your favourite citrus flavour? Answer: lemon
- What's your favourite berry? Answer: raspberry
- What's your favourite non-berry-or-citrus fruit? Answer: peaches and mangoes (I think... I can't quite recall all answers now)
- Favourite nut? Answer: not really a huge nut fan overall
- Favourite chocolate type (i.e. dark, milk, white, etc)? Answer: any!!
- Favourite type of icing (i.e. buttercream, fondant, fluffy)? Answer: cream cheese
- Favourite cake flavour overall (i.e. red velvet, chocolate, white, spice)? Answer: carrot cake
|Recipe book, along with citrus inspiration!|
|Second (and successful) batch of mousse in place. I made swirly patterns with dollops of PC blue menu raspberry jam, and a chopstick. I was shocked at how nice the raspberries looked mid-January!|
|And now, Honeybee's destroyed kitchen!! No real worries, though... this was tidied up pretty quickly. It just LOOKS bad.|
|AND IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH THE EFFORT. Behold, the gorgeous, garnished finished product.|
|Look at those lovely lemon peel curls! Plus a few mint leaves, for good measure.|
|At the fête, with the lovely Scarlett, Sher, Lindsay, and Honeybee. Sher was quite pleased with the end product!!|
|Behold! A chocolate caramel sea salt masterpiece! And yes, the jig is up. My name is Melissa. Greek for Honeybee. I couldn't bear the thought of blurring out that awesome icing job for the sake of anonymity. And I love the little snowflake sprinkles... they match the beautiful pendant that Hubs got me for Christmas!|
- Irene has requested something with caramel (perhaps I'll ask Aunt Lisa for my cake's recipe? Or I'll play around with dulce de leche, we'll see). Irene, if you happen to stumble across this, tell me again what your birthdate is so I can schedule my scheming!
- Shannon requested something super-chocolatey (I'm thinking my aptly-named Super Chocolatey Cake, but perhaps with a ganache frosting instead of Betty Crocker. There's a reason my London girlfriends call this one "sex on a plate")
- Hubs was very intrigued by the Tia Maria torte I enjoyed last night at Baked Expectations with my new buddy Deb... and I'm just as intrigued about recreating it. Challenge accepted!
Thinking I need to look into a formal cake decoration class, perhaps in the fall after boards and wedding are safely behind me,