So after a good long Skype chat with the lovely Tori, she agreed to let me post her recipe for peach crisp. There's one caveat, however: I need to credit her cohab's sister, Steph, who gave Tori the recipe to begin with. Hooray for sharing deliciousness! Here you go:
|Mmm. Image (obviously) from worldofstock.com|
Steph and Tori's Peach Crisp
Served nine of us very well
- 8-10 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (you can blanch them in boiling water to make peeling easy, Tori didn't bother since they were so ripe)
- ~1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter (not quite room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole-grain oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a 13x9 inch glass baking dish, or spray with non-stick oil spray
- Toss peeled and sliced peaches with the white sugar (to taste; more or less sugar may be needed depending on the natural sweetness and ripeness of the fruit). Pour fruit into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Combine using fork or hands until the butter is distributed and the mixture is crumbly.
- Pat crumb mixture evenly on top of peaches.
- Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes, until the topping is crisped and the peach juices have reduced somewhat.
- Serve with ice cream (if you want, Tori likes it just fine without!)
So there you go! Go forth, enjoy the peachy goodness, and thanks to Jill and Tori! It now being the long weekend, you can expect lots more culinary exploits to be posted (as I laze around in bed, surrounded by nosy cats who are after my tea. Pests.)
Fending off felines and looking forward to more blogging,